What notifications are within Iris
Once an alarm is present in the event manager, it’s possible to send notifications for it. You will set up notifications for your customers as needed. Notifications are usually set up in groups as more than one person could be notified if an event occurs.
Once you have set up notification groups and thresholds, you set up alarm notifications and assign them to a group.
Always remember to include yourself in the notification group to ensure that you are kept up to date on any alarms and the status of anything on the network.
Create a notification group
Notification groups are groups of people who should receive an alarm notification. Let’s look at how to set up a notification group.
1. The Create a new Notify Group pop-up will be displayed.
2. Type the name of the group in the Group Name field.
3. The Description should be a textual description of the group.
4. Select the Notification Hours to receive notifications.
5. It is important to know that the View field is not a filter, it simply means that ADMINs in this view may edit this group.
6. There is a list of ways that a customer can be notified.
7. For email notifications, completed the Mail tab in the accordion.
8. For SMS notifications, complete the SMS tab in the accordion.
9. Click Save.
Always remember to include yourself in the list so that you are aware of what is going on.
1. For email notifications, complete the E-mail Address List. Email addresses should be separated by a comma.
2. Click Save.
1. For SMS notifications, complete the SMS Number List. The numbers must be separated by a comma.
2. Include your own SMS number address in the list so that you will also be kept notified.
3. Click Save.
You will only be able to set up SMS notifications if you have a payment gateway. This has to be set up by Iris.