A couple of new features have been included in this release of IRIS. Along with these additions, a few backend processes have been updated which are listed under INTERNAL.
- To get a view of your system’s current Health, visit the Iris Status under Help, to see any processes experiencing warning/critical errors.
- A new alarm status, PARTIAL, has been set for alarms of devices which are being dual polled, where the state of these alarms may differ due to one of the pollers not being able to monitor the device. Similar to status FLAPPING, these alarms will only change state to CLEAR / NEW, once both pollers returns the same status (either CLEAR or DOWN) for the given device, for 30 minutes.
- When configuring a Notification Group, the ability to test the configured notification method, has been added. This will note whether the method is configured, failed and/or successful. Note that this only tests whether required fields are configured.
- For User Reports, the ability to email a once-off report (not scheduled) for a selected time frame is now available. In order to use this feature, you will need to add recipients, as well as specify the report type( PDF / CSV.) Once these options are configured, the report can be email via the Send option.
- Another new feature of User Reports, is the ability to generate/download past scheduled reports. This is available in the Report Configuration, under List Previous Reports.
- The ability to set custom logos and top menu colour is now available in the newly added menu option, Manage Appearance (Configuration -> System). Additionally, the top menu colour can be set per user, which is available under Preferences (when clicking on user name, top right corner).
- The ability to represent the Top N flows in a User Dashboard has been added. This is done through the use of a pie chart widget, where the user specifies the Flow track and Flow type, of which the netflow data is based on.
- When setting up a new Iris DCE or when an existing DCE’s licence has expired, the ability to set the licence via the frontend has been added. On the “Invalid licence” page, a prompt to activate the DCE’s licence is available which directs the user to a page with input field for copying/pasting of a valid licence key.
- Config options set in iris.conf has been moved and is now available in the iris db, in table configs. This means in order to set / change any config options, we no longer edit the iris.conf file but rather use irisctl.
The command to use: irisctl set config option-name value.
Example: # irisctl set config moduleEnabled_netflow 1
- In iris-1.3.0, a config option has been added to switch from the current spooling mechanism (spoold) to use RabbitMQ a message queuing technology. This is something that can be requested, via support to enable.
- Elasticsearch has been upgraded from ES2 to use ES5 which allows for more fine tuning / options when addressing new features which was not possible to do with ES2.